6.21.2013

Find meaning






”Find meaning. Distinguish melancholy from sadness. 

Go out for a walk. It doesn’t have to be a romantic walk in the park, spring at its most spectacular moment, flowers and smells and outstanding poetical imagery smoothly transferring you into another world. 
It doesn’t have to be a walk during which you’ll have multiple life epiphanies and discover meanings no other brain ever managed to encounter. 

Do not be afraid of spending quality time by yourself. 
Find meaning or don’t find meaning but “steal” some time and give it freely and exclusively to your own self. 
Opt for privacy and solitude. That doesn’t make you antisocial or cause you to reject the rest of the world. 
But you need to breathe. And you need to be.”

Albert Camus

18 comentários:

  1. So true. Have you ever seen this?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7X7sZzSXYs

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. yes,i watch it two years ago,i think <3 still in my favorite you tube folder!

      Eliminar
  2. beautiful words. thank you for sharing them

    have a lovely weekend ❤

    ResponderEliminar
  3. like it. a lot.
    I do that all the time, mister Camus.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Simple and true words coupled with gorgeous images. I always had Camus recommended, maybe this is a sign that I should start reading the Stranger? Walking is always good for me when I don't know what to do with my thoughts. Sometimes it does not answer my problems, but it gives me time for myself, which is something I really need sometimes.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. yes,walking helps me to 'breathe'... even if i have a bad leg that hurts if i walk more than an hour,put i feel so bad when i don't walk at all that i push myself :)

      Eliminar
  5. Quality time by yourself is magical and so is that rooftop!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. great timing with this one. thank you again!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. love this simple but beautiful pictures

    ResponderEliminar
  8. perfect and beautiful !

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Nice words from Albert, I feel exactly the same way. Having time to myself is probably the only time where I can actually be myself.

    Ah, so you're the photographer behind the third image! I've seen it at Tumblr!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I feel a kind of sufocation when i spend a lot of time with people around me.
      'i need to be'.

      ahahaha yes <3

      this photo is one of my most viewed images on flickr,something like 20,000 times (tumblr it's like the wind of the internet,spreads everything!)

      Eliminar
  10. I can totally relate to those words. We need to retreat once in a while to have a breather! It's definitely a trait of an introvert (I am one) to have some time alone...

    Thanks for sharing and beautiful photos!

    ResponderEliminar